Do you really believe that "your current location is part of the set-up for your kingdom destiny"? My dear friends we need to stop looking for our destiny and open our eyes to discover that God has placed us right smack in the middle of it. I know that if I truely believed that to be true, I would be making more careful choices about every action in every day of my life. I would stop looking and longing for another day or another place or a different person to fulfil the longing of that empty place in my soul. God is waiting and willing to fill that place up - right now, right here - He has made each of us for such a day as this and I don't want to miss the action.
Our right here and right now will be gone in a flash and I find myself increasingly longing for "that which is but is yet to come" - the kingdom of God. I love the quote in todays homework: " For now the kingdom of God on this earth resides within you, but one day your eyes will spring open to the most brilliant reality sight can behold. The kingdom of God will surround you, complete with palace, mansions, streets, and horses. In some way incomprehensible now, you will reign there with Him. All that we now call 'reality' will be a mere shadow of the vivid world we have coming." (BM)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have no trouble believing that God has placed me "smack in the middle of" my destiny. For me, His control of this area has always been painfully clear: from feeling like an alien in a non-Christian family . . . to meeting my husband and knowing with the first glass of water I brought him that we would be married (an Isaac and Rebekkah toned, long-story) . . . to living and teaching in Michigan for 10 years after claiming "I will never live in Michigan . . . to the close call with almost losing my youngest son to Bacterial Meningitis and feeling God's loving arms around me in a powerful way, then getting the opportunity to share that at church. My struggle is giving God control of the "how" in my life. I struggle with a selfish nature, and find it hard to sort through what is my own will and what is His. For example, I have an unbelievable testimony (no really, it is literally hard to believe), and I feel very strongly that I should share it--because so many of my struggles are so common and so painful that I know I could bring God glory through connecting with other women. But, I am nervous about the responsibility that would come with revealing all my struggles. I know there are women out there whom I could relate to and who might benefit from knowing that God has revealed His grace and His glory to me, even me. I just don't have the confidence yet in my ability to really glorify God with my history. I guess maybe that means I am still in the midst of fulfilling that destiny and longing for God to reveal His timing and His plan for my life. I am rambling, but my point is: it seems clear to me that this Esther study and the group I am blessed to be placed with, and getting to know you (Becky) are all inspiring me to get more deliberate about seeking my destiny and His will for my life. It is exciting how much this study has spoken to me about God's presence, providence, power and timing. Maybe I have been placed here "for such a time as this."
ReplyDeletePraying and waiting . . .
Theresa you are so precious! I look forward to hearing your story and loving you through every detail! Rejoicing, Becky
ReplyDelete