Monday, January 26, 2009

It's tough being a 'beautiful' woman - Week 3

I've been trying to keep track this week of how much time I spend on beauty treatments. Certainly not as long as Esther did. And obviously not with the positive results that Esther did. I wonder if they did step aerobics in the harem???? I wonder what their version of StriVectrim wrinkle reducer was and if it actually worked?

I have to admit that I have certainly been sucked into our Babylon culture when it comes to my self image and how I prioritize my time and desires. I think we (I) have become so acclimated that we don't even recognize how shallow and worldly we are or perhaps we do recognize it and choose to ignore it.

It reminds me of what repentance is really about. Turning away from things, thoughts and values which are ungodly and not just setting them aside but filling that space with things that bring glory to God. Do I even want to think that thought? What would beauty really look like on a woman who was flat out committed to becoming more Christlike at every turn of her day?

Easy? no! Required? yes. I guess our response indicates whether we really believe in discipleship or whether we just give it lip service. Take some time to evaluate your life... what needs to go and what "fruit of the spirit" can you fill it with. Be brave my friends, make a list of your top three and work on them for the rest of this study. Be braver and share what they are so we can pray with you and give each other positive accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment