Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 2 - Lesson 1

I am so glad you braved the 6 degree weather to come tonight.

One of the frustrating things about a book like Esther is that as women we want to know all of the details of the story. Who said what, and when. What kind of father figure was Mordacai? Did he cherish the opportunity to have a daughter? Did he teach her the law? These things we may never know - and maybe it is better that we don't. Because when we lack the detail's of a story it is much easier to put ourselves into the story. To read it and apply it to our own lives without the difference of the details to distract us.

I'm not sure who I would have become if I had faced the circumstances that Esther faced. But one of the gems of wisdom that I learned from my late sister-in-law, Dawn, was that when we don't like the senerio of our lives we have to write a new script from God's perspective.

God is writing a story with each of our lives... what does your story look like?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I would have been like either. The pampering sounds great, but my allergies would have gone crazy! This is another great study. Even though some nights it is really hard to be motivated to go out in the cold, I'm so glad when I do. God has been working on me for a long time, especially the last 4 years. God knows why things happen to us and it's because we are here for such a time as this! Each one's time and place is unique.

    ReplyDelete